Becuase let’s face it, it is a journey.
With anything that requires investment and has an expected outcome paired to the investment, a plan is needed. This is also the same for an influencer marketing campaign.
If you’re a brand and you are considering using influencer marketing your first action should not be to work with the most popular influencer you know of. Instead, you should determine, as a team
- What is the logic behind engaging influencer marketing?
- How will influences help our brand goals?
- What do we want to achieve through influencer marketing?
As a team, sit down and think of the above. You’ll be able to clearly decide the goal behind the influencer marketing campaign, and this will help you outline the message that needs to come through as well as the right influencers who can really voice this message.
You are synergizing your brand goals and campaign goals to the influencers you work with. This should allow you to see a strong and positive result through the investment in influencer marketing.
As an influencer, before you work on any campaign you too need to do some preparation. If you haven’t worked with brands before then you need to really understand if your influencer platform is ready for this.
If you have worked with brands then you know the drill. However, some perhaps obvious advice would be:
- Collaborate with brands. You know your content and you know your audience, pick brands who give you some creative freedom but always respect their requests
- Ensure that any sponsored content supports your identity as an influencer and the audience you have.
- Mix sponsored posts with a range of organic unsponsored posts. Brands like you because you have an audience who is attentive. Your audience likes you because they aren’t being pestered by adverts alone. It’s a balance you need to consider.
These are just a few tips from our team that help both our brands and our influencers before working on an influencer marketing campaign. It is an investment of time, resources and thinking. Thus logic and planning are needed for both parties to understand their KPIs and ensure they both achieve them. Our team is ready to help you with each phase of the process, speak to us at [email protected].